Chef de Partie
The Chef de Partie is responsible for running a specific station in the kitchen in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
Currently hiring Chef de Partie for the Bakery Department.
· Manages all staff and product in a designated station with high level of organization and leadership
· Prepares all required food items while maintaining food quality standards and adhering to all food and safety regulations
· Monitors all daily prep and adjustments, improving technique when necessary
· Inspires dedication and high productivity levels from all junior chefs through training and support
· Keep sous chefs informed of any issues or changes occurring within the department
· Produces comprehensive daily/ weekly prep lists for each designated station with all required information regarding prep quantities and designated event names
· Populates and updates portions reference with accurate information when required
· Offers ideas and suggestions on how to improve current prep practices as well as menu items
· Monitoring stock and inventory levels of all products within the department. Adheres to inventory and ordering system created by the sous chefs
· Places orders when necessary with all appropriate vendors or develops a system to efficiently funnel orders through to operations manager
· Keeps up to date records of all suppliers inclusive of items ordered and price lists (to be reviewed and updated quarterly or bi-annually)
· Records recipes for all current menu items to aid with costing initiatives
· Leads out OFF site events with high level of planning and execution when required
· Maintains order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours as well as OFF site during event hours
· Maintains friendly and professional demeanor with colleagues, clients, and junior kitchen members
Management / Leadership
· Training: Trains all junior station chefs on the daily operating procedures within each designated station based on training template provided by management. Keeps progress notes during the training of all junior station members to be analyzed and discussed with management for reviews.
· Minimum 5 years of kitchen experience in a fast-paced culinary environment
· Food Handler Certification
· An understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
· Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
· Flexible schedule to work nights, weekends and holidays
· A valid Driver’s License is an asset
Above industry standards, based on experience & may include a benefits package.
Send your resume with the job title in the subject line to: email@example.com